Omega-3 rich fish oil is one of the most well-researched nutrients on the market. Its extensive health benefits have been proven time and time again, and animal-based omega-3 fats are one of the few supplements I recommend to pretty much everyone to improve overall health.
It is especially important for the health of your brain, it can even help restore brain function after a traumatic brain injury or stress. Recent research also suggests that fish oil may help slow age-related brain atrophy. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 1.7 million traumatic brain injuries occur each year in the United States, making the prospect of using fish oil very exciting.
It is inexpensive, and although it has blood-thinning effects, which in some cases may be contraindicated, with blood-thinning medications, the side effects are pretty much all beneficial.
But in addition to the positive effect on brain damage, it has also been shown that Omega 3 has a positive effect on ADHD, autism and other attention deficit disorders.
Anti-inflammatory effect with omega 3
Omega-3 fats help fight inflammation throughout your body.
Research shows the importance of animal-based omega-3 fats when we talk about heart health. After reviewing this topic, I am convinced that maintaining a healthy level of DHA may be one of the top food priorities.
DHA and EPA are long-chain omega-3 fats (22 and 20 carbon atoms, respectively) found in fatty fish such as wild-caught Alaska salmon, sardines, anchovies and certain other marine animals, including krill.
But we do not eat the amounts of fish that are needed at all. The recommendations say 350 grams of fish 2 times a week, for a main meal and the 200 grams should be fatty fish such as salmon, herring, mackerel and sardines. In addition, we have to eat cold cuts many times a week… but how many do it. In Denmark its not many ho do that
The small meager fish packages we find in the supermarket are expensive and only 100-150 grams per person are calculated, another problem is that almost all salmon we buy in the supermarkets is farmed salmon, which unfortunately does not contain the amounts of omega 3, because of there feeeding. The feed contain large amounts of omega 6. That why when we eat farmed salmon, create more inflammation in our body.
That is why I always recommend a supplement
The oil I recommend simultaneously tests your level of omega 3 and ratio between omega 3 and 6
Along with vitamin D, I actually believe that measuring your omega-3 level is a really vital health test that needs to be performed on an annual basis.
Like vitamin D, in the absence of omega-3 you will become vulnerable to all kinds of chronic diseases. Optimizing your omega-3 is a really fundamental factor for strong health. Unfortunately, many are still not even aware that such a test exists. IT DOES
DHA and EPA protect your heart health
Studies suggest that eating fatty fish and other omega-3 rich foods can reduce your risk of a fatal heart attack by 10 percent. In a large trial, survivors of heart attacks who took 1 gram of omega-3 fat every day for three years had a 50 percent reduced chance of sudden cardiac death.
So to maintain a healthy strong heart, exercise is not enough to protect. You also need to pay attention to your omega-3 levels.
DHA and EPA can do a lot more for your health
- Lowers blood pressure and counteracts or prevents cardiac arrhythmia
- Improving endothelial function, which helps promote the growth of new blood vessels
- Lower the concentration of triglyceride and prevent fat deposits and fibrosis in the inner layer of your arteries
- Helps prevent thrombotic blood clots in a blood vessel
- Counteracts inflammation
- DHA and EPA are also important for digestion, muscle activity, blood coagulation, visual acuity, memory and learning, basic cell division, function of cell receptors and more.
- DHA is especially important as it is a component in every cell in your body and probably also in your liver, which transports these molecules in a very precise way into the cell membranes where they belong.
- At the same time, it regulates communication within the cell and between cells
- Plays a role in helping your body utilize sunlight properly
- Has a very important influence on mitochondrial health (your small stoves inside the cell that create energy)
Do you want to know more about the Omega 3 test, D vitamin test or the supplement I recomment ?
then place a comment